Sellen Raises $133,000 for United Way of King County
From November 9-20, 177 Sellen employees rallied together to raise vital funds for United Way, needed this year more than ever as our community faces devastating impacts due to COVID-19. Though the campaign was entirely virtual this year, Sellen employees were determined and inspired to maximize collective impact to serve our communities’ greatest needs.
All totaled, Sellen employees donated $132,989, which the United Way will primarily funnel toward immediate COVID-19 response and relief, as well as into its three focus areas: helping students graduate, breaking the cycle of poverty, and ending homelessness.
Sellen invests in organizations that we believe will build a better community. We have been a proud partner of United Way of King County for nearly 40 years! To learn more about United Way’s essential programs, check out their website: https://www.uwkc.org/
What Our Dollars Will Do:
- $250 provides 15 packs of all weather socks for our neighbors experiencing homelessness
- $365 provides one person’s work day essentials – a warm shower, secure locker and transportation to a jobsite – to help them stay employed
- $500 provides six months of trauma counseling for youth who have been homeless or sexually exploited while homeless
- $1,200 helps a family on the brink of homelessness stay in their home for one more month
- $2,500 provides meals for 20 kids during the summer months who wouldn’t receive a meal otherwise