The Socially Distant 19th ArtsFund Giving Campaign
On July 13, Sellen kicked off its 19th annual employee workplace giving campaign for ArtsFund. The primary focus of this year’s campaign was COVID-19’s impact on arts and cultural nonprofits in our communities, many of which are facing devastating and unprecedented losses.
With a culture that gives back, Sellen employees were determined to donate vital funds to ArtsFund. After a three-week virtual campaign, 137 Sellen employees donated just over $60,000 to our local arts community! The money donated by Sellen’s employees will help support over 70 local arts organizations.
“COVID-19 has taken an unprecedented toll on organizations, artists, and cultural sector workers,” said ArtsFund in a statement. “The gifts from Sellen employees will help organizations continue to stay open or adapt their programming during these times.”
The Sellen Community Foundation also donated a $10,000 unrestricted gift to ArtsFund to help support its work during this critical time.
We are proud to support ArtsFund’s mission to strengthen our communities by supporting the arts through leadership, advocacy and grant making. To learn more about ArtsFund’s mission or donate, visit its website here.
What our dollars will do:
- $52 can provide pointe shoes for a young dancer
- $540 can cover the cost of an acting camp for a child who otherwise couldn’t attend
- $1,000 can cover the cost of a virtual artist performance
- $5,000 can cover the cost of providing at-home art kits to 100 children who do not have access to art supplies
- $10,000 can cover the cost of new A/V technology for a local arts organization