Rufus 2.0 Construction Updates
Block 18 Work
Structural steel erection and concrete slabs are currently in progress at the Block 18 project. This work will continue through the end of January. During this phase of construction, concrete pumps will be setting up intermittently at 5 a.m. to begin pumping at 5:30 a.m. Crews will continue to work on Saturdays starting at 7 a.m.
In February, crews will begin street improvement work in the alley of the Block 18 project. Vactor trucks will be working in the alley to remove shoring piles during this phase of work.
Upcoming Weekend Activity:The alley adjacent to Block 18 will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 23 and Saturday, Dec. 7 as crews pour columns. This activity will require the alley to be closed from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Bell Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- Blanchard Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- 7th Avenue: A pedestrian walkway is in place for the duration of the project.
- Please follow the sidewalk detours and do not enter the secured fenced site at any time.
- Please watch for truck and trailer traffic entering and leaving the site. Trucks and heavy equipment may make wide turns and have trouble seeing pedestrians and vehicles.
- Stay within sidewalk boundaries on the corner of 7th & Blanchard and do not stand in the traffic lane.
Bret Hillman, Superintendent
Construction Bulletin Archive
- Block 18: December 2019
- Block 18: November 2019
- Block 18: October 2019
- Block 18: August 2019
- Block 18: June 2019
About the Project
Sellen is currently working with Seneca Group on Block 18, a 17-story office tower designed by Graphite Architects.