Rufus 2.0 Construction Updates
Block 18 Work
Structural steel erection and concrete slabs are currently in progress at Block 18. This work will be ongoing through the end of the year. During this phase of construction, concrete pumps will be setting up intermittently at 5 a.m. to begin pumping at 5:30 a.m. Crews will also be working on Saturdays starting at 7 a.m.
Upcoming Weekend Activity: The team at Block 18 will be raising the height (also known as “jumping”) the tower cranes over the next two weekends (Nov. 9 – 10 & Nov. 16 – 17). Crews will begin work on this activity at 7 a.m. On Saturday, Nov. 9, the crew at Block 18 will be closing the alley from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This will be one of several upcoming Saturday alley closures as crews prepare to pour columns adjacent to the alley.
- Bell Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- Blanchard Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- 7th Avenue: A pedestrian walkway is in place for the duration of the project.
- Please follow the sidewalk detours and do not enter the secured fenced site at any time.
- Please watch for truck and trailer traffic entering and leaving the site. Trucks and heavy equipment may make wide turns and have trouble seeing pedestrians and vehicles.
- Stay within sidewalk boundaries on the corner of 7th & Blanchard and do not stand in the traffic lane.
Bret Hillman, Superintendent
Construction Bulletin Archive
About the Project
Sellen is currently working with Seneca Group on Block 18, a 17-story office tower designed by Graphite Architects.