Rufus 2.0 Construction Updates
Shoring activities at Block 18 will be complete by the second week of February. Excavation is now limited to below-grade footings, with trucks continuing to haul several days per week through the end of March. Next week, trucks will begin pumping concrete at the below-grade footings and boring activities will start. Concrete pumps will set up at 5 a.m. to begin pumping at 6 a.m. Crews will remove the excavation conveyor on March 17. Work on structural steel columns and below-grade slabs will begin early next month.
- Bell Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- Blanchard Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- 7th Avenue: A pedestrian walkway is in place for the duration of the project. The walkway and street will be closed periodically in February and March for the installation of the project’s tower crane.
Tower Crane Installation Activity
- Feb. 8 | 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Crews will set the tower crane base next to Blanchard Street. One lane will be closed on Blanchard between 6th and 7th avenues.
- Feb. 13 | 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Crews will pull the tower crane base next to Blanchard Street. One lane will be closed on Blanchard between 6th and 7th avenues.
- Feb. 14
Set tower crane base next to Bell Street. There will be no closures associated with this activity.
- Mar. 2 – 3 | 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The remaining tower crane sections will be installed next to Blanchard Street. The walkway and traffic lanes on 7th Avenue will be closed between Bell and Blanchard.
- Mar. 9 – 10 | 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Crews will install the remaining tower crane sections next to Bell Street. The walkway and traffic lanes on 7th Avenue will be closed
between Bell and Blanchard.
- Mar. 17 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The walkway and traffic lanes on 7th Avenue will be closed between Bell and Blanchard.
Block 20 Work
Starting on Wednesday, February 13, the sidewalk on Westlake Avenue between Lenora Street and 8th Avenue will be closed. Pedestrians will be routed to the other side of the street.
This detour will be in place through May as crews complete street and sidewalk improvement work.
- 7th Avenue: The sidewalks and parking lane on the east side are closed until May 2019. Traffic is limited to southbound only during the day.
- 8th Avenue: The parking lane and sidewalk on 8th Avenue are closed until May 2019. At times, traffic will be limited to northbound only, Monday through Saturday.
- Blanchard Street: The parking lane is closed on both sides of Blanchard. One lane has been reopened for northbound traffic.
- Lenora Street: Parking lanes are closed on both sides of Lenora. The sidewalk is closed on the north side of the street.
- Please follow the sidewalk detours and do not enter the secured fenced site at any time.
- Please watch for truck and trailer traffic entering and leaving the site. Trucks and heavy equipment may make wide turns and have trouble seeing pedestrians and vehicles.
- Stay within sidewalk boundaries on the corner of 7th & Blanchard and do not stand in the traffic lane.
Brian Duke, Senior Superintendent
Bret Hillman, Superintendent
Construction Bulletin Archive
About the Project
Sellen is currently working with Seneca Group on Block 20, a 37-story office tower designed by NBBJ, and Block 18, a 17-story office tower designed by Graphite Architects.