Rufus 2.0 Construction Updates
Block 18 Work
The Block 18 team is currently forming and pouring elevated garage decks. This work will continue until the project reaches street level in July. During this phase, concrete pumps will be set up intermittently at 5 a.m. to begin pumping at 6 a.m. Crews are working on Saturdays starting at 7 a.m.
- Bell Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- Blanchard Street: Sidewalk closed through November 2020.
- 7th Avenue: A pedestrian walkway is in place for the duration of the project. The walkway and street will be closed periodically in February and March for the installation of the project’s tower crane.
Block 20 Work
The sidewalk on Westlake Avenue between Lenora Street and 8th Avenue remains closed. Pedestrians will be routed to the other side of the street.
This detour will remain in place through May as crews complete street and sidewalk improvement work.
- 7th Avenue: The sidewalks and parking lane on the east side are closed until May 2019. Traffic is limited to southbound only during the day.
- 8th Avenue: The parking lane and sidewalk on 8th Avenue are closed until May 2019. At times, traffic will be limited to northbound only, Monday through Saturday.
- Blanchard Street: The parking lane is closed on both sides of Blanchard. One lane has been reopened for northbound traffic.
- Lenora Street: Parking lanes are closed on both sides of Lenora. The sidewalk is closed on the north side of the street.
- Please follow the sidewalk detours and do not enter the secured fenced site at any time.
- Please watch for truck and trailer traffic entering and leaving the site. Trucks and heavy equipment may make wide turns and have trouble seeing pedestrians and vehicles.
- Stay within sidewalk boundaries on the corner of 7th & Blanchard and do not stand in the traffic lane.
Brian Duke, Senior Superintendent
Bret Hillman, Superintendent
Construction Bulletin Archive
About the Project
Sellen is currently working with Seneca Group on Block 20, a 37-story office tower designed by NBBJ, and Block 18, a 17-story office tower designed by Graphite Architects.